Brian Carroll - 10/20/Life Seminar
10/20/Life Seminar with Brian Carroll
What is 10/20/Life? 10-and-20 weeks at a time, for a lifetime of positive momentum in training and in LIFE.
This philosophy is a life-long approach for any level of lifter or athlete. Many recreational lifters utilize the protocols in this book to have a better plan in the gym, with no plans to ever compete. On the other hand, many competitive lifters from Beginner to Pro use this approach with great success! 20 years of research, trial and error has gone into my strength training philosophy.
10/20/life is a set of parameters and principles for you to use as a GUIDE to navigate and customize your way to programming that works for you to achieve your individual goal.
Brian’s 10/20/Life methodology described in two paragraphs:
"With my 10/20/Life, my objective is to teach you to get the results you want by coaching yourself—the same way a superior coach would take you through an individualized program in a great gym. We start out with a thorough examination of your weak points because that’s how quality coaching works. The idea is to show you what to program, and when, based on your weaknesses in the squat, bench press, and deadlift. This sounds simple, but it’s something most people don’t even consider, much less put into practice.
From there, the 10/20/Life system takes you through the best injury-preventative warm-up in the industry, followed by a comprehensive layout of coaching cues for each individual lift. From start to finish, you’ll learn what to look for and what to do, and you’ll understanding the reasoning behind all of it. By the time you’re finished working your way through these materials, you’ll be able to coach yourself, and others, like a pro.”
Seminar attendees will be instructed and educated on the following in both a hands-on coaching setting with Brian as well as a lecture setting with power point with corresponding individual handouts:
- Brian’s work with Dr. Stuart McGill and their book – Gift of Injury.
- The Cerebral Athlete’s state of mind (24/7 – lessons learned).
- Back pain – why is it so common these days?
- How to assess and mitigate injury risk in your program
- Investing into your body’s finite athleticism and your future (after lifting).
- Phases of training – Offseason vs Precontest.
- Repetitions – what range should I be using?
- What is RPE and when should it be used?
- Intensity vs Volume – It’s a give and take.
- Training splits – which one is right for you?
- Deload – why should you deload?
- How create your own custom warm-up – 4 key components – know the why and how!
- Know the why with everything you exercise you do – picking assistance work and having a precise purpose for everything you program.
- Everything in training is a risk vs reward scenario – be judicious.
- Lifters Wedge, what is it?
- Complete break-down of the squat, bench, deadlift and assistance work. Build resilience and performance at the same time! And so much more!
Cost (Early Bird): 140€
Cost (Normal): 200€